Business Intelligence Development Studio is the default report designer of SQL Reporting Serivce. It is an addin for VS.Net 2005 with templates for "Report Projects"
How to install the express editions ?
- Downlaod SQL Server 2005 Express with Advanced Service (this includes the reporting services) and install. While installing keep the item "Reporting Service" checked
- Download SQL Server 2005 Express Toolkit ( http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3c856b93-369f-4c6f-9357-c35384179543&DisplayLang=en). The kit includes the business intelligent development studio
- Now, go to Start - Settings - Control Panel and click Add remove programs
- Click the "Change" button of MS SQL Server 2005
- Click the link "To install a new component, click here"
- Locate the new .exe file of Express Toolkit by clicking the "Browse" button
- Proceed the installations with "Next" button clicks.